28 April 2021
There is an updated Covid Safety Plan in place. We have returned all our chairs to the church and ask guests to leave 1.5mtr between them and the next person where possible if not from same household etc. Singing is permitted. There are changes to the way we are cleaning the church across Sunday. Food is now permitted according to guidelines (served to a plate for the individual using tongs/gloves.
22 March 2021
Church is currently meeting under our Place of Worship Covid-19 Safety Plan effective
29 Jan 2021, subject to the 2m2 rule (currently no singing until further notice). Guests should leave one chair vacant between you and the next person. Members of same household can pull their chairs together.
22 Oct 2020
We are holding services and various ministries are coming back into the building as covid case numbers drop in NSW. It is great to see our physical services rebuilding again. Services continue to be streamed.
Monthly church prayer meeting has moved from zoom to 'in person' at the Bearded Brewer cafe (5 Investigator St, Sth Nowra) 8am, 4th Thurs. Morning teas are partly back at Sunday services with the coffee machine outside. Some restrictions were yesterday for places of worship, with larger church buildings now able to welcome up to 300 attendees 4m2 spaced. However, this won't help us due to the size of our building. Therefore, numbers remain at 62 in the church and 48 in hall (depending how we are using part of our hall for children). NSW Govt have removed the advice to wear masks (no longer required).
Nerriga services resumed last Sun. Joyful celebration! Caz Morton, our new Children's & Youth minister joins us Dec 6. Our New Compassion Centre should open early Nov. Please give financially to this great ministry resource. Please let the church office know of pastoral needs you may have or questions about how to deliver your offertory which is still very important to the continuation of ministry.
24 July 2020
This Sunday some of us are returning to church!
8am, 10.30am, 4pm Fams and 6pm.
You must RSVP if you are coming through the church office
phone: 4421 6884 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(or if after Thurs email email@example.com)
We have a registered Covid-19 Safety Plan and have worked hard to provide a hygienic environment with cleaning teams between each service.
If you're not ready to come back to church you can still find us each week,
'All Saints Nowra YouTube' 8am service (uploaded Sun 8am) & Contemporary service (uploaded Sun 10.30am). Both services will remain on YouTube for 48 hrs
13 May 2020
From this weekend, NSW govt will allow 5 visitors to your home e.g. 1 adult + 4 kids, or 2 adults + 3 kids, or 5 adults + 0 kids etc. Even so, social distance applies! We still have a long way to go before we can gather together again so consider inviting someone to your place for Sunday service—you may not feel you need company but others might.
The PM's 3 stage 'roadmap' talks about no more than 100 in a gathering when we reach stage 3. While that appears hopeful, the '4sq mtr rule' means our church can only accomodate approx 40. Although we'd all like to be back together, we wont rush this prematurely. Be patient as we act wisely and in love for the vulnerable in our care. We will watch as national and state restrictions change from month to month.
––––––––––––––––––––– the message below is still current for members ––––––––––––––––––––––––
Dear All Saints,
Staying ‘connected, belonging and cared for’ over the next few months (no matter how new you might be) is our highest priority. Please read this and all other church communications.
- COMMUNICATION: In the interest of streamlining our communication, all messages to the wider church will come from one source, myself (Geoff, senior minister) while messages to particular ministries, such as GrowGroups, Kids Ministry, etc, will continue to arrive privately. We will continue to answer member’s concerns privately by phone, text and emails, as we can. I will limit my church-wide communications to prevent overload, however, I may need to update previous messages within a short space of time as the landscape changes rapidly. Our main communications will be via email and facebook and the weekly all of life newsletter, we will also keep the All Saints website as up to date as possible". In the meantime, please make sure your details on Elvanto are up to date - and that you have checked the box that says 'receive general emails’
Please also join our online facebook groups, not only to receive regular information about church life but also to encourage each other.
10:30 group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/379919032089909/
All Saints families: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2322373837826093/
PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE SIGNED UP AT LEAST FOR ELVANTO. If unsure, contact the church office Mon or Thurs, 9am-1pm. Robyn and Mel will act as your ‘helpdesk’
- CHURCH OFFICE: Please DO NOT attempt to come to the church office until further notice.
- GROWGROUPS: GrowGroups are moving online. All physical face to face meeting of GrowGroups need to be suspended now. This includes term 2 as well. Please communicate this with your GrowGroup members. However, and this is important - wherever possible we would like groups to meet online.
- SUNDAY SERVICES IN HOMES: Church Home Groups are no longer able to meet to watch the Sunday service together (given the health warnings regarding ‘gatherings and groups’). If you need clarification for your situation please contact me (Geoff) privately.
- SUNDAY SERVICE RECORDINGS: We weighed the benefit of a 'pre-recorded' service versus ‘Livestream’ and have decided to deliver a simple ONE-CLICK ‘pre-recorded’ service for 8am and another for 10.30/5. We will follow last Sunday’s model of ONE-CLICK LINK to YouTube, which most found simple to access and reliable. New emails with ONE-CLICK links will be issued each Sat afternoon (check your email inbox regularly). For those without internet we are working on a DVD delivery service. We are also considering ways a minister can visit for communion during this period of self-isolation.
- LIMIT ON FACE TO FACE MEETINGS: Our team meetings now take place over ZOOM. This is our preferred platform and may be helpful for your group too. Download the free app before you need it, https://zoom.us/docs/en-us/covid19.html
- MINISTRIES: All ministries are now in recess until further notice, except for ASCC and Mobile Community Pantry (as a service to those suffering economic impact). We continue to operate under strict guidelines given to us by Anglicare.
- WEBSITE: The excellent decision making tree that Robin produced to help us make the right decision for how to be involved in a Sun service, is now sadly obsolete (the govt and health dept have made the decision for us). However we will shortly put an FAQ page, COVID 19 page, and a Pastoral Care page up on the church website for helpful information.
- PASTORAL CARE: The ministry team are working on a tiered approach to our pastoral care model, to triage member’s needs, from emergency down to technical and shopping requests. In your first instance, contact your GrowGroup leader. Our GrowGroups are pastoral care groups.
- TECHNOLOGY: As we move many ministries online, we know that technology may be a challenge for some. If you would like help with setting up some of the technology, please get in touch. We are putting together a tech support team who can help you in your home. For example you may have trouble viewing the service on a computer, or joining a facebook group, or downloading the ZOOM App for online meetings. We have people who can help. We probably only have a small window to put this in place, so please let us know if you need assistance.
- DEVOTIONS & CONNECTION: We are working on a daily devotional. Stay tuned for more!
- GIVING: Depending on your circumstances there may be considerable financial impact on our members. Let us know if this is you. Meanwhile, All Saints must survive on its offertories which are no longer physically taking place. Many have asked how to get their offertory to church. The best way is electronic giving, and remember you can adjust your amount at any time. The account details are, All Saints Anglican Nowra, BSB 062-585, Acc 10117813. However, if you can’t go online please mail your cheque, made out to All Saints Anglican Church, and addressed to ‘the wardens’ All Saints Anglican Church, 70 Plunkett St Nowra 2541. If you cannot give in either of these ways please contact Bruce Wright (Church Warden) mob 0408 218 842, firstname.lastname@example.org
- LIVING IN GRACE: Finally, we are still the FAITH, HOPE, LOVE people, and what an extraordinary time to demonstrate who we are to our community!